We are looking for a digital designer with a love for crafting digital products. Through a cocreative, design thinking approach you ensure the adoption of new features and products by internal stakeholders and users. As a digital designer you will be involved in all parts of the design process: from framing the challenge, doing user research, cocreation, prototyping to detailed design.
As a Namahn medior digital product designer you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time, in close collaboration with both clients and colleagues
- Work for a variety of clients and sectors (from non-profit to public and private clients)
- Work in close collaboration with a lead designer on UX/UI design projects
- Contribute to user research and cocreation activities
- Continuously improve our design approach and deepen our UX/UI design methodology and capabilities
- Have an interest to grow into being the main person of contact for clients (project management)
- Contribute to sales efforts: define the approach and budget based on the client’s needs; and contribute to proposals
Mindsets and competencies we are looking for:
- You are able to lead human-centred design activities in the design of digital products in clearly scoped projects
- You are able to grasp how your activities fit within the overall approach and coordinate with the different design activities
- You know how to manage a team; you value individual perspectives and are able to create a safe environment for learning
- You are able to prepare, facilitate and synthesize cocreation sessions, client meetings and internal working sessions
- You have the ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly through paper sketching and qualitative low-fi prototypes
- You are able to effectively document and communicate the process, approach and result of your work in verbal and visual presentations internally and to different client stakeholders, for example developers
- You enjoy making sense of complex information, business processes, user interaction flows and digital ecosystems
- You have basic knowledge of the different design research techniques used in the field of digital product and service design
- You are able to produce state of the art design deliverables, experience maps, interaction models, wireflows, wireframes and components, libraries, and prototypes
- You have basic knowledge of the latest technology and its impact on design solutions. You are able to communicate the advantages or limitations to the client and other team members
- You are proficient with industry-standard prototyping tools and their latest releases
- You are proficient with a variety of design applications (e.g., Adobe Suite, Figma, Axure) and Microsoft 365.
- You have full professional proficiency in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of French is an added value
This is a full-time position. At the moment we are working in a hybrid workplace (partly remote, partly in our Brussels office).
What we offer you
- The basics – Fair compensation, complemented with meal vouchers
- Time-off – You get 20 paid holidays, compensation for overtime and the possibility to take unpaid leave when needed
- Transport – Public transport subscription for all work-home transport and a bike allowance when you travel to Namahn by bike
- Connectivity – A mobile subscription is provided
- Health benefits – Hospital insurance DKV Pro Premium Corporate and DKV AZ Plan, with orthopaedic, chiropractic, osteopathic, dental and vision care.
- Future proofing – Group insurance at 5% of your gross salary
- Training and growth – All employees get a yearly training budget to grow and learn.
- Relocation – Any additional costs related to your relocation to Belgium will be covered
What you’ll love about working at Namahn:
- We are a small, international team with both multidisciplinary & specialised designers, committed to creating a diverse environment
- A pleasant and stimulating workplace with a good work-life balance, where you have the option to work from home (even in non-covid situations)
- A workplace that encourages reflection, experimentation and knowledge sharing
Equal opportunities and non-discrimination
At Namahn we are committed to creating a diverse environment. All suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
You can apply through LinkedIn or by sending your cv and portfolio to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted before 6 December 2021.