We’re hiring a digital UX/UI designer with a strong visual foundation and a keen interest in exploring other aspects of digital design. In this role, you’ll engage in co-creation activities ranging from sales and user research to conceptual design and prototyping. Our clients are diverse, ranging from public and private organisations to non-profits.
At Namahn, you’ll find a multidisciplinary team of designers collaborating on complex projects. We offer a pleasant work environment with an excellent work-life balance, allowing for remote work several days a week.
Namahn runs on self-organisation. This implies that everyone is expected to contribute to our governance to the best of their abilities.
This position is for a full-time employee (freelancers shouldn’t apply) and is based in Brussels. For applicants living abroad, relocation to Brussels is required. The deadline for applying is 4 December 2023.
Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English is a must-have. Knowledge of French is a plus.
As a Namahn digital UX/UI designer, you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time, in close collaboration with clients and colleagues
- Work for a variety of clients in diverse sectors
- Work on many aspects of the design process:
- User research
- Design of digital products and strategies
- Contribute to proposals
These are the skills we are looking for:
- You have experience in applying the design process to digital projects.
- You are interested in various subjects and enjoy working on projects in different domains (energy, technology, transport, government, etc.).
- You enjoy making sense of complex information and finding creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You are curious and willing to immerse yourself in the tools and methodologies related to digital products and strategy.
- You excel in communicating your work to clients and colleagues using verbal and visual skills.
- You enjoy working in a team and value feedback to learn and grow.
- You are a proficient user of Adobe Suite, Figma, Notion and Microsoft O365.
- You are fully proficient in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Namahn offers the following package:
- The basics — Fair compensation, complemented with meal vouchers:
- 0-3 years of relevant experience: €29.000-46.000 yearly gross
- Time-off – 20 paid holidays, compensation for overtime and the possibility to take unpaid leave when needed
- Meal vouchers – A daily allowance for buying food
- Transport – Public transport subscription for all work-home transport and a bike allowance when you travel to Namahn by bike
- Connectivity – A mobile subscription
- Health benefits – Hospital insurance DKV Pro Premium Corporate and DKV AZ Plan, with orthopaedic, chiropractic, osteopathic, dental and vision care.
- Insurance – Group insurance at 5% of your gross salary.
- Training and growth – A yearly training budget to grow and learn.
While social security and healthcare in Belgium are world-class, your income taxes are also high. Please consider this when reviewing all of the above.
This is what you’ll love about working at Namahn:
- We are a small, international team with both multidisciplinary & specialised designers.
- We offer a stimulating workplace with an excellent work-life balance, where you can work from home a few days a week.
- You learn at a high pace by contributing to complex projects and by taking up diverse roles.
- We encourage reflection, experimentation and knowledge sharing.
- Brussels is a vibrant, diverse and green city with a reasonable cost of living.
How to apply?
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following included:
- Your CV indicating your languages levels using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Your portfolio showcasing your experience as a UX/UI designer,
- Answers to the following questions if living abroad:
- Are you indeed willing to relocate to Brussels?
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- The deadline for applying is 4 December 2023.
- We will give you feedback within a week.
- If we are interested, we meet for a short online interview.
- We will assess your skills through a practical design test if the interview goes well.
- If you do well on the test, we will meet to discuss your contract and other arrangements.
At Namahn, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. All suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, pregnancy or maternity, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or beliefs, or sexual orientation. During recruitment, we ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.