We are looking for a detail-oriented, experienced UX/UI designer capable of playing a defining role in small design teams. Through a co-creative, design-thinking approach, you ensure the adoption of new products and features. You are involved in all parts of the design process: from sales and project management to knowledge management, prototyping and detailed design.
This is a full-time position. We are based in Brussels.
As a UX/UI designer you will:
- Work on multiple projects and in close collaboration with both clients and colleagues
- Work for a variety of clients and sectors (from non-profit to public and private clients)
- Mentor and coach less experienced designers
- Lead user research and co-creation activities
- Continuously improve our design approach and deepen our UX design methodology and capabilities
- Lead sales efforts: define the approach and budget based on the client’s needs, and contribute to project offers
Mindsets and competencies we are looking for:
- You are proficient in applying a human-centred methodology to the design of digital products, involving a variety of stakeholders (users, developers, management, …)
- You can define a clear design direction for a project.
- You value individual perspectives and can create a safe environment for learning.
- You actively look for new developments and practices in the field of UX/UI and have an opinion on good UX/UI design.
- You enjoy making sense of complex information, business processes, interaction flows and product ecosystems and can find creative solutions for complex challenges.
- You can clearly articulate your design process, approach, and impact in verbal and visual presentations.
- You can produce state-of-the-art design deliverables, such as components, libraries, and prototypes.
- You understand front-end coding frameworks and understand how they impact your design.
- You can gather user insights through qualitative and quantitative research methods and consider user feedback when designing.
- You can communicate and discuss concepts through sketches, wireframes, flows and mock-ups.
- You have experience in teaching, coaching, or mentoring.
- You are proficient with various design applications (e.g., Figma, Adobe Suite) and Microsoft 365.
- You have full professional proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of Dutch or French is an added value.
What we offer you
- The basics – Fair compensation, complemented with meal vouchers
- Time-off – You get 20 paid holidays, compensation for overtime and the possibility to take unpaid leave when needed
- Transport – Public transport subscription for all work-home transport and a bike allowance when you travel to Namahn by bike
- Connectivity – A mobile subscription is provided
- Health benefits – Hospital insurance DKV Pro Premium Corporate and DKV AZ Plan, with orthopaedic, chiropractic, osteopathic, dental and vision care.
- Future proofing – Group insurance at 5% of your gross salary
- Training and growth – All employees get a yearly training budget to grow and learn.
- Relocation – Any additional costs related to your relocation to Belgium will be covered
What you’ll love about working at Namahn:
- We are a small, international team with both multidisciplinary & specialised designers committed to creating a diverse environment.
- A pleasant and stimulating workplace with an excellent work-life balance, where you have the option to work from home (even in non-covid situations)
- A workplace that encourages reflection, experimentation and knowledge sharing
Equal opportunities and non-discrimination
At Namahn we are committed to creating a diverse environment. All suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
We are always looking for this profile so please reach out to us by sending your cv and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application at the latest on 15 July 2022.