We are looking for a junior designer with a strong visual background, who is motivated to explore multiple crafts related to digital design. As a junior designer you will be involved in different parts of the design process: from sales and user research to conceptual design and prototyping.
As a Namahn junior designer you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time, in close collaboration with both clients and colleagues
- Work for a variety of clients and sectors (from non-profit to public and private clients)
- Contribute to the design of digital products, services, and strategies
- Contribute to user research and co-creation activities
- Contribute to sales efforts: contribute to the approach and budget based on the client’s needs; and contribute to project offers (proposals)
Mindsets and competencies we are looking for:
- You have experience in visual design, graphic design, illustration, … Ideally, in the context of digital products. People from different design backgrounds are encouraged to apply (e.g., brand design, digital storytelling, game design, media & information design, …)
- You are able to communicate the process, approach and result of your work in verbal and visual presentations
- You enjoy working in a team, and you value feedback to learn and grow
- You enjoy making sense of complex information, and finding creative solutions for complex challenges
- You are curious and willing to immerse yourself in the tools and methodologies related to digital products, services and strategy
- You have basic knowledge of a variety of design applications (e.g., Adobe Suite, Figma, Axure) and Microsoft 365.
- You have full professional proficiency in English and Dutch
- Knowledge of French is an added value
This is a full-time position. At the moment we are working (mainly) remote, in the future you will be based in Brussels.
What we offer you:
- The basics Fair compensation, complemented with meal vouchers
- Time-off You get 20 paid holidays, compensation for overtime and the possibility to take unpaid leave when needed
- Transport Public transport subscription for all work-home transport and a bike allowance when you travel to Namahn by bike
- Connectivity A mobile subscription is provided
- Health benefits Hospital insurance DKV Pro Premium Corporate and DKV AZ Plan, with orthopaedic, chiropractic, osteopathic, dental and vision care.
- Future proofing Group insurance at 5% of your gross salary
What you’ll love about working at Namahn:
- We are a small, international team with both multidisciplinary & specialised designers, committed to creating a diverse environment
- A pleasant and stimulating workplace with a good work-life balance, where you have the option to work from home (even in non-covid situations)
- A workplace that encourages reflection, experimentation and knowledge sharing
Equal opportunities and non-discrimination:
At Namahn we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. All suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.
You can apply by sending your cv and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be submitted before the 17th of September 2021, 12:00 pm.