We are looking for a junior UX/UI designer with a strong visual background who is motivated to explore multiple crafts related to digital design. As a junior designer, you will be involved in different parts of the design process: from sales and user research to conceptual design and prototyping.
This is a position as an employee. We are based in Brussels.
Excellent knowledge of French is a must-have.
As a Namahn junior designer, you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time, in close collaboration with both clients and colleagues
- Work for a variety of clients and sectors (from non-profit to public and private clients)
- Contribute to the design of digital products, services, and strategies
- Contribute to user research and co-creation activities
- Contribute to sales efforts: contribute to the approach and budget based on the client’s needs; and contribute to project offers (proposals)
These are the mindsets and competencies we are looking for:
- You understand the design process for digital products, where you go from a sometimes fuzzy brief to a detailed specification.
- You have a wide-ranging interest in the application of new information technologies to business-to-business domains.
- You are able to communicate the process, approach and result of your work in verbal and visual presentations.
- You enjoy working in a team, and you value feedback to learn and grow
- You enjoy making sense of complex information and finding creative solutions for complex challenges
- You are curious and willing to immerse yourself in the tools and methodologies related to digital products, services and strategy
- You have basic knowledge of a variety of design applications (e.g., Adobe Suite, Figma, Notion) and Microsoft 365.
- You are fully proficient in English and French.
Namahn offers the following package:
- The basics — Fair compensation, complemented with meal vouchers: 0-2 years of relevant experience: €29.000-44.000 gross & 2-5 years of relevant experience: €41.000-62.000 gross
- Time-off – 20 paid holidays, compensation for overtime and the possibility to take unpaid leave when needed
- Meal vouchers – A daily allowance for buying food
- Transport – Public transport subscription for all work-home transport and a bike allowance when you travel to Namahn by bike
- Connectivity – A mobile subscription
- Health benefits – Hospital insurance DKV Pro Premium Corporate and DKV AZ Plan, with orthopaedic, chiropractic, osteopathic, dental and vision care.
- Insurance – Group insurance at 5% of your gross salary
- Training and growth – A yearly training budget to grow and learn.
- Relocation – A budget for relocating to Belgium
While social security and healthcare in Belgium are world-class, your income taxes are high as well. Please consider this when reviewing all of the above.
This is what you’ll love about working at Namahn:
- You learn at a high pace by contributing to complex projects and by taking up diverse roles.
- We are a small, international team with both multidisciplinary & specialised designers.
- We offer a pleasant and stimulating workplace with an excellent work-life balance, where you have the option to work from home a few days a week.
- We encourage reflection, experimentation and knowledge sharing.
- Brussels is a vibrant, diverse and green city with a reasonable cost of living.
Please send your application through LinkedIn by Monday, 12 June 2023.
After we receive your CV and portfolio:
- You will receive a response within a few days.
- If we are interested, we meet for a short online interview.
- If the interview goes well, we will test your skills on a practical design task.
- If you do well on the test, we will discuss your contract and other arrangements.
Equal opportunities and non-discrimination:
At Namahn, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. All suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, during the various stages of recruitment, specific measures can be taken to ensure equal opportunities for candidates with disabilities or special needs.