User Research Training
Become a skilled expert in conducting effective User Research. Learn to choose what types of user research you want to combine and create the perfect mix to turn your design projects into user-centric masterpieces.
|Postponed||Namahn Design Studio|
In today’s fast-paced world, the difference between a product that soars and one that stumbles often comes down to how well it aligns with user needs, desires, and behaviours. This training course on user research is your key to bridging this gap. We will introduce you to a framework that helps you make intelligent choices in your user research and set up a proper project research plan. You will learn about the difference between qualitative versus quantitative user research, researching behaviour versus attitude, natural versus scripted use, etc. You will get familiar with some essential user research techniques (in-depth interview, observation, survey, usability test, card-sorting, etc.), and we will guide you through preparing and conducting your research and explain how to process and synthesize the results.
What to expect
In this training course, you will learn all about the “what”, “why”, and “how” of user research in design projects of digital products or services. To make the training course practical enough, we will use a case, allowing the course participants to apply the theory about user research in a realistic project context. We will work in breakout sessions of small groups led by our design teachers as we prepare to execute user research on the case subject. We accept a limited number of participants per session to optimise group interactivity.
By the end of the training session, you will have learned the following:
- Fundamentals of user research, its principles and the methodologies underpinning user research.
- Make an informed choice between the different types of user research possible in your projects and set up a research plan.
- Master the art of conducting insightful, in-depth interviews.
- Prepare and set up a survey that extracts invaluable insights from your target audience.
- Conduct usability testing, uncovering pain points and opportunities for improvement in your digital products or services.
- Create user personas and scenarios of use that synthesise your user research findings.
- Map the user journey giving a full overview of the user experience.
- Develop the empathy needed to connect with your users.
Who should attend
No previous knowledge of user research is necessary for this course. Anyone passionate about creating user-centric digital experiences through solid user research is welcome!
- UX/UI designers
- Usability engineers
- Business and functional analysts
- Product managers
- Software developers
- Marketing managers
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your design projects to the next level. Reserve your spot today and embark on a journey to become a user research expert.
One day, in-person training in the Namahn Design Studio. Maximum 9 participants.